If you are a BOC U.S.A. retail customer, or otherwise have a relationship with us, we may also have provided you with a separate copy of our notice (“Privacy Notice”) setting out how we use your personal information and your opt-out rights, when applicable.
Information we collect about you
BOC U.S.A. collects the following information about our customers:
- Information you provide to us on applications and other forms, such as your name, address and phone number, e-mail address, driver’s license number, and social security number or taxpayer identification number.
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliates such as account numbers, account balances and transaction history.
- Information gathered from consumer reporting agencies.
- Login and contact information.
- Information about products for which you have indicated interest.
How we use your information
BOC U.S.A. does not share the non-public personal information of current or former customers with anyone except as permitted or required by law:
- For everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions and maintain account(s).
- In response to government agencies and law enforcements’ requests.
BOC U.S.A. does not sell personal information of its customers to any third parties.
BOC U.S.A. uses consumer personal information to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives. To that end, personal information may be used:
- To perform services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery of the product or service. We may also save your Personal Information to facilitate new product or service purchases.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To detect security incidents, to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- To conduct health and safety assessments and record keeping; and compliance with related legal obligations.
- To undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service controlled by the business.
- To debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- To undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- To comply with laws, regulations, and other legal process and law enforcement requirements (including any internal policy based on or reflecting legal or regulatory guidance, codes or opinions).To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Under the law, you are permitted to opt out of our sharing of information about you with our affiliates under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act and our sharing of information about you with non-affiliated companies, unless required or allowed by law. However, because we only share such information subject to legal and regulatory exceptions, no opt-out action is necessary or provided. Should our policy change, you will be notified and given an opportunity to opt out.
BOC U.S.A. strives to take appropriate steps to keep users’ account information accurate and up-to-date. Any user who becomes aware of any account information that is not complete, accurate or current should advise us by calling the phone number listed on the account statement. BOC U.S.A. will review and promptly correct the inaccurate information.
BOC U.S.A. does not collect, use, or disclose personal or financial information from minors without written parental consent, nor do we knowingly market our products and services to minors. This Website is not directed at nor targeted to children under the age of 13. If you have not reached the age of majority or are not able to enter into legally binding agreements in your country, you may not use this Website unless necessary parental consent has been obtained. If you believe that we have received information from a person protected under child protection laws where necessary parental consent was not obtained, please notify us immediately, and we will take reasonable steps to securely remove that information.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. BOC U.S.A. maintains policies and practices that protect the security and confidentiality of our customer information. The policies provide for:
- Access to customer records being restricted to employees who we determine needs the information in order to perform their job duties.
- Maintaining and protecting information through security-enhancing software such as virus and intrusion detection software.
- Physical security at our buildings.
- Password protection on database access for employees.
- Compliance audits.
- Employee training.
- Backup and recovery procedures.
We take our responsibility to protect your information very seriously, but we cannot do it alone. Only you can protect yourself from identity theft. To that end, BOC U.S.A. would like to help you keep your information safe and prevent scams that could result in identity theft. Please review our Security Notice for more information. To protect personal information from unauthorized access, we and our third party service providers use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws.
Phishing is a type of social engineering attack often used to steal user data, including login credentials and credit card numbers. It occurs when an attacker, masquerading as a trusted entity, dupes a victim into opening an email, instant message, or text message. To help you detect phishing scams, there are a few things you can watch for. Please review our Phishing Awareness Notification for more information.
More details about your information
If you would like further information on anything we have said in this Privacy, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives by phone, email, or by simply walking into one of our branches.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit some websites. They enhance your browsing experience in various ways, which include remembering your preference settings, displaying relevant content and ensuring pages function as intended.
The main types of cookies:
Session cookies: These only last for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. Session cookies are typically used to track your movements between pages and to remember information entered within that session – often aiding website functionality or security.
Persistent cookies: These are not deleted when you close your browser and will be stored after your visit. Persistent cookies are typically used to store your preferences for future visits and to provide targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
Please note: each of the categories below contains a combination of both session based and persistent cookies. All information is encrypted for security.
The cookies we use:
Performance cookies: These cookies collect details about your activity on the Website, such as the pages you visit most often. We use this information to assess and improve our Website. For example, performance cookies:
- Help us optimize video playback quality for the bandwidth available to your device
- Track the most popular pages on the site, how long users spend on the site, and other analytics details
- Help us manage tagging for our analytics packages
Functionality cookies: These cookies make our Website easier to use by remembering choices you’ve made. We may also use them to test new page designs. For example, functionality cookies track whether you have seen our cookie use policy disclosure pop-up.
You can control how cookies are placed on your computer or mobile device by changing your internet browser settings. You can also allow cookies from specific websites by making them ‘Trusted websites’. You can delete existing cookies from your browser and if you completely disable cookies, we won’t gather any further information, but we may still use information we have collected in the past.
Please note: if you use multiple internet browsers/computers/mobile devices, you will need to update your settings on each in order to disable cookies completely. Additionally, it is important to note that restricting cookies could mean you experience difficulty when using some online services. As an example, you may not be able to complete our online application form, as it relies on cookies to deliver critical functionality.